Unable to login to Orchard site after following instructions on documentation

May 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Hi,

I have followed instructions on documentation section and have created a user with same username as my domain account excluding the domain name and assigned it administrator role. I then switch on windows authentication in web.config and enable only windows authentication on IIS 7.5.

When I browse to the site it keeps on prompting for username and password and is unable to authenticate.

Any suggestions please.

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Edited May 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Hi Garpo,

Sorry, I have no concrete answer on you question. I can just guess that Administrator role have no rigths to the page that you tried to access. Also I recommend test the module next way: Just install the module on the clear Orchard and try to login via any existing windows account if you cannot then you did something wrong. My module does not ask user for authentication it just uses authentication data that IIS provides (all authentication work IIS does). And think there can be one more configuration change in web.config as I remember should be section <authorization> And in this section should be configuration to allow to access to the site only authenticated users: <deny users="?"/>...

I hope this helps.